Orthopaedic Surgery Specialist
Dr Adrian Lau
“My passion has always been to ensure that every patient is given the best care and treatment that is tailored to their specific needs.”
Dr Adrian Lau is a Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon trained in primary and complex hip and knee arthroplasty. He was awarded the Ministry of Health Training Award in 2014, and completed subspecialty training in revision hip and knee surgery at the London Health Sciences Centre in Ontario Canada in 2015. He then went for a second fellowship at Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford where he gained expertise in unicompartmental knee replacements. He is currently practicing at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital.
His qualifications include:
He was part of the Ministry of Health workgroup for Valued-Driven-Outcomes in Total Knee Replacement and Total Hip Replacement, and was the clinical champion for the same workgroups within Changi General Hospital. He has performed many total knee and total hip replacements and is also trained to perform total hip replacements via the direct anterior approach.
Awards & Recognition
2008 — Present
Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
2013 — Present
Singapore Orthopaedic Association
2004 — Present
Singapore Medical Association
2018 — Present
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Lau CK, Chin HF, Ong FH, Eng KH. Emergency Department Thoracotomy for pericardiac tamponade. Singapore Med J 2008; 49 (12):e382.
- Lau A, Neo GH, Lee HC. Risk factors of surgical site infections in hip hemiarthroplasty: a single institution experience over nine years. Singapore Med J. 2014 Oct; 55(10):535-8
- Tan BY, Lau AC, Kwek EB. Morphology and fixation pitfalls of a highly unstable intertrochanteric fracture variant. J Orthop Surg. 2015 Aug; 23(2):142-5
- Lau AC, Howard JL, Macdonald SJ, Teeter MG, Lanting BA. The effect of subluxation of articulating antibiotic spacers on bone defects and degree of constraint in revision knee arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty 2016 Jan; 31(1):199-203.
- Tan SC, Lau CK, De Balso, Howard JL, Lanting BA, Teeter MG. Tribocorrosion: Ceramic and Oxidized Zirconium vs Cobalt-Chromium heads in Total Hip Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2016 Sep; 31(9): 2064-71\
- Goyal P, Lau A, McCalden R, Teeter MG, Howard JL, Lanting BA. Accuracy of the modified Hardinge approach in acetabular positioning. Can J Surg. 2016 Aug; 59(4): 247-53
- Mcnally MA, Ferguson JY, Lau AC, Diefenbeck M, Scarborough M, Ramsden AJ, Atkins BL.Single-stage treatment of chronic osteomyelitis with a new absorbable gentamic*n-loaded, calcium sulphate/hydroxyapatite biocomposite: a prospective series of 100 cases. Bone Joint J. 2016 Sep 98 B(9): 1289-96
- Goyal P, Lau A, Naudie DD, Teeter MG, Lanting BA, Howard JL. Effect of Acetabular Component Postioning on Functional Outcomes in Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2017 March; 32(3): 843-848
- Lanting BA, Lau A, Teeter MG, Howard JL . Outcome following Subluxation of Mobile Articulating Spacers in two-stage revision total knee arthroplasty. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2017 Mar; 137 (3): 375-380
- Moo IH, Chen JYQ, Chau DHH, Tan SW, Lau ACK, Teo YS. Similar Radiological Results with accelerometer-based navigation versus conventional technique in total knee arthroplasty. J Ortho Surg (Hong Kong). 2018 May -Aug; 26(2).
- Mittal C, Lee HCD, Goh KS, Lau CKA, Tay L, Siau C, Loh YH, Goh TKE, Sandi CL, Lee CE. ValuedCare program: a population health model for the delivery of evidence based care across care continuum for hip fracture patients in Eastern Singapore. J Orthop Surg Res. 2018 May 30; 13 (1): 129.
- Tan JR, Lau ACK, Tan TJ. Clinics in diagnostic imaging. Right knee patella clunk syndrome. Singapore Med J. 2020 Sep 6 1(9): 453 – 459.
- Debajyoti Roy, Shrikant Pande, Srikiran Thalanki, Wenxiang Yeon, Ankit Prasad, Adrian Lau, Surendra Varman, John Allen Carson. Hip fractures in elderlypatients with nondialysis dependent chronic kidney disease. Medicine. 2021 100:27
- Ong WLB, Lau, Lee YHD. Gout presenting as a snapping knee; J Case Rep Images Orthop Rheum 2021; 5:100027Z14OB2021.
- Zi Jie SS, Lau ACK, Lee YHD. Recurrent Hemarthrosis After Total Knee Arthroplasty. Arthroplasty Today. 2021 June 1;9 : 101-105.
Read from Our Blog
Our doctors are firm believers in giving back to the community by training younger doctors and contributing to medical literature on hip and knee conditions. They are actively involved in conferences and workshops to share their expertise and stay updated on the latest medical advancements.